Sunday, September 28, 2008

Day 8 - n02

Well, Ryan hit her one week mark today. She weighs 2 lbs. 3 oz so just like every other newborn she's dropped a little weight. She should start gaining it back anytime now. I went down to see her and a few things have changed. She no longer has any oxygen on so it's straight room air for her now. They had to take the stomach tube out of her mouth and put it in through her nose because she kept grabbing it and trying to pull it out. Since she's at her week mark they put in a PICC Line and will be removing the last tube from her stomach so that it can close up.

Her bowel sounds are starting to improve so they are doubling her feedings to 4 per day which is great news. I also got to change a diaper while I was down there. You'll see in the video that the first round of decorations are up. I told them that we may well wallpaper the place by the time she goes home and they didn't act like that would be a problem.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this blog!! It is so cool to see the changes Ryan is making each day. I am amazed by how strong our little ones are. Makes me wish that I had their strength during some of my trials.

Let's hear something about Mamma!!

reba said...

She looks amazing here breathing normal air!! What a doll.